Monday, June 22, 2009

Social Networking

I have decided to do my WebQuest and Instructional Website on Social Networking.
I'm going to zero in on social networking in Education.
My WebQuest will be information/sites/articles on this subject
and my Instructional Website will be instructions on how to use certain social networking sites.

Interesting that in the background of me sitting here researching information for this project I have on Fox news.
They are reporting on all the problems in Iran. The protest and so on..
I happen to hear them talking about the importance of Social Networking and look up to the TV.
They say the protesters in Iran are turning to social networking sites like Twitter.com and Facebook to report the latest news. Right now they are reporting on an Iranian girls pictures she has posted on twitter.
So then the news corespondents are talking about how social networking sites such as twitter are helping them to report the most up to date news information.

I found this interesting- though I will be focusing mainly on how we can integrate social networking into the classroom.
Here is Fox News getting most of their headlines from twitter.com!

1 comment:

denisewahoff said...

Jamie..

I have been following the stories all weekend on the news. It is amazing how the people in Iran are using these various tools to get the information out to the public. Who would have ever thought that we would get our news from Twitter. Heck, I did not even know what Twitter was 6 weeks ago. It is amazing how fast Twitter has grown.

Great ideas for your WebQuest and Website!!

Denise